What are the configuration changes the auto deployment performs?
- Netflow configuration (VMware Distributed Switches):
- For each selected distributed switch
- Set the Netflow collector IP address to the selected sensor
- Set Netflow to enabled for each of the port groups in the switch
- Set Netflow to enabled for the uplink port groups in the switch
- Create a content library in vCenter named faddom-discover and upload an OVF template to that library. The datastore in which the library is created is selected on the sensor deployment page
- For each selected ESX host:
- Deploy the OVF template containing the sensor appliance from the content library to the host
- Disable DRS for the sensor VM to prevent the sensor from moving to a different host (Configured under Cluster->Configuration->VM Overrides)
- For each VMware standard switch on the host
- Create a port group named faddom-switchname replacing switchname with the name of the switch. The new port group will have promiscuous set to Accept and VLAN set to All.
- Connect the sensor VM to all the port groups that were created in the previous step
- Configure the sensor VM operating system with the network configuration settings provided in the deployment screen (ip address, gateway, etc.)
- Register the sensor with the Faddom server
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful