There are two categories of connection colors.
The first represents the activity of a connection and can be seen in any of the maps. The color can be:
- Green - connection is currently active
- Gray - connection that was previously active, but isn't right now
- Red - attempted connection with no response. May be caused by a firewall blocking a connection, a service not running, or a server that is not responsive.
- Blue - a connection between a virtual IP address of a load balancer and one of its members
In addition, there are colors that show changes in an application map. These can be seen whenever there is a change detected in an application map:
- Purple - A new connection that has been added to the map
- Orange - A connection that was in the map, but is no longer detected as part of the map.