Note: This procedure should not affect your data in any way, but it is highly recommended to create a snapshot of the VM before starting.
Follow these steps:
- Shutdown the VM
- Edit the VM settings and increase the size of the disk - see Recommended Sizing for the Faddom appliances recommendation.
- Start the VM
- Run fdisk /dev/sdb
- Enter p to see the details of the existing partition
Note the Start location
- Type d to delete the partition
- Type n to create a new partition and accept all the defaults
- You may need to move the start of the partition to match the start of the partition before the change. To do this:
- Type x to enter expert mode
- Type b to set the beginning of the partition
- Type 1 or whatever number the start was at before
- Type r to return to the main menu
- Type p to print the new partition to verify that the start location is correct
- Type w to write the changes
- Reboot the server so that it reads the new partition information
- Grow the file system using xfs_growfs /dev/sdb1
The database disk size should now have been increased.
To view the recommended size follow the below procedure
- Topology archive enabled, then click on "Estimate storage requirements.."
It is recommended to double the total. In this example, you should have a disk size of 28Mb