To deploy the Faddom appliance in your environment, you have three options - in VMware via an OVA that we supply, via AWS Marketplace, or in other environments on a Windows server using an installer that we provide. For the full guides see Deployment Guides
For a full list of pre-requisites please visit our Installation Prerequisites guide. A brief outline is below
For Faddom to receive data, you need to have network traffic data via NetFlow, sFlow, or via another method. You can refer to the below guides to set this up before deployment. In order for Faddom to receive the data you should check our What ports need to be open for Faddom to function? guide to ensure the correct NetFlow/sFlow ports are opened.
For a full list of ways to perform data capture please see our Capture Options guide for a full list of options.
- If you are using Standard vswitches, please refer to our guide on Configuring a vSwitch with promiscuous mode. This will enable Faddom to receive the data it needs to work effectively.
- If you are using Distributed vswitches or NSX using NetFlow/IPFIX you should refer to our guide
Configure Netflow In VMware
- If you need to configure NetFlow/IPFix manually please refer to our Recommended NetFlow/IPFix Settings
- If you are already using NetFlow for other purposes, please see our guide on How to capture NetFlow in case it's in use?
- For our easy-to-follow guide on how to set up VMware in Faddom please see our How to Enable Traffic Collection in VMware guide
If you are deploying Faddom in a Hyper-V environment, you will need to capture the data via sFlow. You can refer to our guide Hyper-V sFlow Configuration for instructions
For an explanation of the different settings, along with our recommendations for best results, you can refer to our guide on Recommended sFlow settings
If you cannot set NetFlow or sFlow (e.g. lack of access to NetFlow/sFlow, security etc.) at a network level, you can deploy an sFlow agent on each machine to send the data. Please refer to our guide on Capturing network traffic using agents
For a quick and easy setup please refer to the below easy-to-use guide to deploy Faddom in your environment in minutes -
Windows Guide - Azure/Hyper-V/Nutanix/Others